11 October, 2013
Wheatgrass: Super Juice
Planting your WheatGrass at home is so easy, fast and non expensive. Here is how and why you should consider taking its delicious extract.
- 1 small bag of organic soil
- 1 planting tray
- Aprox. 2 cups hard red winter wheat seeds for a 21″x10″ tray
- paper towel
- spray bottle with water
Depending on the size of the tray you get you will need enough seeds to cover completely the tray with the seeds. Put seeds into water for about 3 to 4 days , changing the water daily, or until you can see the seeds starting to sprout. If sprouting doesn’t happen in this period of time, most likely is because the seeds are too old and dead. Usually seeds last about 2 years.
Once the seeds have sprouted, pat dry with paper towel.
Prepare your tray and spread evenly the fresh organic soil. Fill tray just up to half of it’s height.
Spread all seeds evenly on top of the soil. Avoid over crowding of seeds to avoid mold growing underneath the grass.
Cover with paper towel and spray with water to keep moisture in. Keep your tray in a well ventilated area with lots of light but no direct sunlight and spray with water once a day.
You will notice under the paper towel the wheat grass will start to grow and show some green leaves. This will happen on the 3rd day or so; at this point is important to remove the paper towel to allow the grass to grow. Once tall enough, about 5″ tall, it’s time for juicing. So just cut about half its height for juicing, the wheat grass will grow back and you can keep juicing it!… but don’t get too excited, the grass is not forever, and it looses its effectiveness with more than 2 cuttings. Enjoy!
The wheat grass juice is sweet in taste, that is because it comes from a wheat seed. It is gluten free! so don’t go thinking that because it comes from wheat it has gluten, the gluten is in the grain, not in the leaves. To give you an idea of what this extraordinary juice can do to your health, I made a quick list of the many health benefits. You can also check on the Hippocrates Institute web page for details on this.
- Ulcerative colitis. There is some evidence that freshly extracted wheatgrass juice might reduce overall disease activity.
- Reducing cholesterol.
- High blood pressure.
- Preventing tooth decay.
- Regulates blood pressure.
- Stimulates thyroid gland.
- Preventing infections.
- Removing drugs, metals, toxins, and cancer-causing substances from the body.
- Super detoxifies, so be careful! it may make you sick once you start liberating toxins in your body. WARNING! not suitable for cancer patience using chemotherapy, because it counter acts against the drugs. That is right! fresh wheatgrass is super powerful.
Wishing YOU the best in health,
YOU & I COOK Interactive